Do you have an eye for detail and IT know how? We need people like you backing us up! If you want to support us, but would rather volunteer from home, there are plenty of options behind the scenes. Join us as a volunteer administrator and help us bring pilgrimage to even more people. The role is varied and you could help us with lots of different aspects of our work. If you have good IT skills and a few hours to spare working from home, you could make a big difference for our small charity.
There is always something different to do, and typical roles might include helping with one or several of the following:
- Keep route guides updated, acting on information to revise waypoints and map new routes on google maps. Ensure facilities information is accurate and current.
- Collate feedback on routes, Sanctuaries and guided pilgrimages. Ensure information is passed on to route champions or staff as appropriate. Help us celebrate our successes and take up opportunities to improve.
- Coordinate guided pilgrimages, organising booking system, posting event information and helping with promotion.
- Supporting Social Media content
- Guided Pilgrimage admin and logistics support
- Sanctuary booking support
8 hours every two weeks, to be worked divided weekly or fortnightly depending on your flexibility. The role can be worked any day of the week, but Monday – Thursday is preferred. Be available to attend online training and volunteer catch ups as required.
You will need to have reasonable IT skills, enjoy balancing a variety of tasks and have a good attention to detail. Naturally organised, you’ll be happy to work unsupervised and ready to learn. Some tasks might involve specific skills, such as using WordPress, so don’t forget to tell us what you can do! You will sometimes be required to work with confidential information, and therefore we may require you to undertake a DBS check. You can be based anywhere in the country, but you’ll need a good broadband connection.
- Volunteer newsletter
- Free access to the Old Way Online Guide
- 15% off Cotswolds Outdoors (for all your pilgrim kit!)
- 30% yearly subscriptions to Guru Maps app for pilgrim navigation.
- No one should be out of pocket for volunteering, so we reimburse reasonable travel expenses.