The year of 2020 has been unlike any other. As we turn the year into 2021 we know that many will be turning their attention to the season of gift-giving, as a way of connecting to loved ones.
Now is a time for drawing up future plans and dreaming up adventures for the time when we can come together and reflect on the year past.
That’s why we have gathered all that we do to help pilgrims set out on the path, and prepare their journeys onto one page – so that if you’d like to give a loved one the present of pilgrimage, you can!
To find out more about how your gift-giving will help further our charitable work work, click below…
- Give a year-long gift for pilgrim-lovers, with plenty of pilgrimage opportunities to look forward to in the new year.
- ‘Firm Friends’ receive one free guided pilgrimage, for those hoping to get outdoors and connect more in 2021.
- Friends also receive 15 % off all guided pilgrimages, 15 % off Cotswolds Outdoors, and 10 % off Tristan Gooley’s course: ‘Beginner’s Guide to Natural Navigation‘.
- All Friends packages are inclusive of the Old Way Online Guide (read more below).
- Friends get exclusive access to Sanctuary project when it launches in spring 2021 – adventures to come!
- For BPT-lovers, the Friends Scheme provides unique insight into how the charity runs, with first-look insights into our upcoming projects.
From £24 per year
- Give an Old Way or pilgrimage enthusiast all they’ll need to walk this historic route in 2021 – or plan to walk the route with a loved one.
- The Old Way Online Guide is a section-by-section guide to this 250-mile route, complete with GPX downloads, OS Mapping, interactive Google Maps, section descriptions, helpful links, accommodation and food listings, and much more!
- Can’t walk the route all at once? The Online Guide has been designed so that it can be walked in separate sections. Make a New Year’s resolution to walk the whole route in 2021?
- Give somebody a treasure trove of photos, descriptions and information to dive into over the festive period, and prepare to step out onto the path next year.
£10 for 8 months’ access
Guided Pilgrimage Voucher
- Give the gift of stress-free guided pilgrimage, where all the details are taken care of by us.
- Entice a friend to join you on a day of discovery in the new year.
- Our guided pilgrimages give easy, accessible introductions to great pilgrimage destinations.
- Learn about the cultural heritage of an area, connect with nature, and be a pilgrim.
- Clear your mind and heart, meet like-minded people and restore your soul: a brilliant gift!
£60 per person per pilgrimage
Gift a voucher for a BPT Guided Pilgrimage:
- Britain’s Pilgrim Places is a treasure-trove resource for planning pilgrimages, and making imaginative escapes to incredible pilgrim places.
- The book is packed with: 600 enchanting holy places – both natural and man-made; 100 pilgrimage routes; every medieval cathedral, an introduction by Simon Jenkins, and much more!
- A perfect gift for those who want to use the winter period to plan pilgrimages for the following year – or simply want to imagine themselves on pilgrimage from the comfort of an armchair!