This is a physical walking pilgrimage with a powerful emotional focus; to explore both literally and psychologically the concepts of liminality, change and uncertainty. Journey inside, outside, with ipse wilderness, on a thoughtful and transformative exploration of your inner and outer landscape.
Whether you are going through changes in your relationship, career, body or identity, this facilitated 4-day journey will guide you through the shifting salt-marsh landscapes of the stunning Norfolk coastline towards a sense of peace and compassion for your inner journey.
By embodying through movement, the process of transition as the earth tilts from season to season, we align our journey with the equinox, and come to a place of rest and contentment within the process of change.
This pilgrimage makes use of therapeutic activities, wilderness immersion processes and facilitated circle time to create a grounded connection with nature, our own nature, and that of other people.
Route: Footpaths, beach, boardwalk and minor roads hugging the coast then turning inland.
Accommodation: Shared rooms in B&B, shared dorms in hostels. Single supplement available on request.
Difficulty: Stretching; walking distance 33 miles, 7-11 miles per day, flat terrain, pace 3mph.
Day 1: Snettisham Park to Hunstanton (7 miles)
Day 2: Hunstanton to Burnham Deepdale (11 miles)
Day 3: Burnham Deepdale to Wells (11 miles)
Day 4: Wells to Walsingham (4 miles walking, rtn to start by public transport)
Cost: £400. This includes all accommodation, transport, activities and 2 breakfasts. Does not include pub/cafe meals or beverages.
Help available with coordinating lifts and pick-ups to start point.
Free parking at Snettisham Park Farm for the duration of the walk.
Return to Snettisham Park Farm from Walsingham via public transport - cost included.
What To Bring
• a day rucksack – around 20-30 litres
• walking boots – broken in and comfortable, not new
• comfortable clothes for walking, including a jumper or warm layers
• a change of clothes in case of downpour, especially spare socks
• a small first aid kit - medications, plasters, anti-histamines, painkillers etc
• a set of simple evening clothes
• a pair of light sandals, slippers or flip-flops for the evenings
• a wash-kit
• a towel or sarong
• a re-usable water bottle – 1 litre minimum
• a waterproof jacket (and trousers, if you wish)
• woolly hat and gloves
• money for snacks, evening meals, ice creams etc - most places WILL NOT take card, and cash machines are few and far between
• a swimming costume for wild swimming
• a Tupperware to carry packed lunches
• a book/cards etc for leisure time
• a journal or diary and pen
• phone and charger
• a camera
• a map and compass
• nuts and snacks e.g. trailmix
Maximum Size Of Group
£400 - This includes all accommodation, transport, activities and 2 breakfasts. Does not include pub/cafe meals or beverages.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.