While we have a donate page for those who simply wish to support us with a one-off donation, we know that many of you want to get involved* with what we do, while also making a donation to help us to continue – hence the creation of our Friends of the BPT initiative!
*Getting involved can mean test-walking one of our routes, guiding your own pilgrimage event, contributing to the Old Way Online Guide, or adding nearby guided pilgrimages that you spot being advertised locally to our nationwide non-BPT events directory, and much more…
As well as knowing that you are helping us to continue our work, our Friends will receive many benefits….
Friend of the BPT: £24 per year, or £40 for two Friends.
1. Year-round access to friends-only access to the Sanctuary Network of low-cost pilgrim accommodation, that is exclusive by request of certain sanctuaries on the Old Way, Cornish Celtic Way.
2. 15% off all guided pilgrimages (re-launching when Covid-19 restrictions allow)
3. 15% off Cotswolds Outdoors (for all your pilgrim kit!)
4. 10% off all Trespass products (more clothing, equipment and footwear)
5. 10% off Hilltrek Outdoors (for your ventile clothing)
6. 30% yearly subscriptions to Guru Maps app for pilgrim navigation. You don’t need outside data signal, just GPS, as you download the offline maps before you set off. Download the GPX route files from this BPT website.
7. 10% off Tristan Gooley’s Online Course: ‘Beginner’s Guide to Natural Navigation’.
8. 25% off Satish Kumar’s new book ‘Pilgrimage for Peace‘.
9. 25% off TRIBE Nutrition at the TRIBE Store.
10. 10% off beautiful pilgrim staffs (also with free delivery) on Barry’s Wild Man Sticks Etsy shop.
11. 15% off Rucksack Readers pilgrim guidebooks.
12. A welcome letter and thanks from the BPT Team
Firm Friends: £72 per year or £120 for two Friends.
1. All of the benefits listed under ‘First-step Friends’
2. A free one-day guided pilgrimage every year, worth £60
Life-long Friends: £800 or £1,500 for two life-long Friends
All the benefits listed above, every year, for life!
Your support will make freely available to all our commitment to:
- Gather pilgrimage routes around Britain on our website’s directory, both older and newly formed routes.
- Produce and make available digital maps that can be accessed free of charge via smartphones that make use of a phone’s GPS capability to tell you where you are.
- Provide free of charge templates for anyone to create their own route and host their own guided pilgrimage event.
- Run our Sanctuary Project, helping pilgrims seek, and local communities provide, sleeping sanctuary at a reasonable price that will generate income for the local community.
- Grow our new Old Way Pilgrimage from Southampton to Canterbury – a 250-mile pilgrimage route discovered on a C14th map, and and a new route in Wales/Ireland, the Wexford-Pembrokeshire Pilgrim Way.
- Open up pilgrimage in Britain by reaching out to as many different communities as we can to make pilgrimage more accessible and Open to All.
- Partner with organisations like English Heritage, National Churches Trust, Association of English Cathedrals, Woodland Trust and other nature-based organisations.
- Develop our plans to introduce pilgrimage as a new but ancient rite of passage for schoolchildren – especially for those children who may never have walked in the countryside before, or those who are going through a difficult time.