This is a walking pilgrimage with a powerful psychological focus; to explore both physically and emotionally the concept of the self. Journey inside, outside, with ipse wilderness, on this journey into self-identity, self-confidence and self-expression.
Whether you are seeking greater inner wisdom, more self-knowledge, or a stronger conviction in your own beliefs, this facilitated 4-day journey will guide you around the breathtaking coast of the Isle of Wight towards a deeper understanding of your identity.
Get to know the lie of your own I-Land and the shape of your unique psyche on this hearty, heart-opening coastal route. Find your edges and explore your boundaries as we circumnavigate the island, walking and talking our way into better self-knowledge.
This pilgrimage makes use of therapeutic activities, wilderness immersion processes and facilitated circle time to create a grounded connection with nature, our own nature, and that of other people.
Route: Footpaths, clifftops and seafront following the Isle of Wight coastal path.
Accommodation: Shared rooms in B&Bs and holiday chalets. Single supplement available on request.
Difficulty: Stretching; walking distance 43 miles, 8-14 miles per day, undulating terrain, pace 3mph.
Day 1: Yarmouth to Brighstone (14 miles)
Day 2: Brighstone to Niton (8 miles)
Day 3: Niton to Sandown (9 miles)
Day 4: Sandown to Ryde (12 miles)
Cost: £400. This includes all accommodation, transport, activities and 2 breakfasts. Does not include pub/cafe meals or beverages.
Participants are responsible for their own travel to Yarmouth
and onward travel from Ryde.
Information about ferry services will be shared on booking, and you are welcome to extend your trip with a visit to Osborne House in Cowes and more time on the island.
What To Bring
• a day rucksack – around 20-30 litres
• walking boots – broken in and comfortable, not new
• comfortable clothes for walking, including a jumper or warm layers
• a change of clothes in case of downpour, especially spare socks
• a small first aid kit - medications, plasters, anti-histamines, painkillers etc
• a set of simple evening clothes
• a pair of light sandals, slippers or flip-flops for the evenings
• a wash-kit
• a towel or sarong
• a re-usable water bottle – 1 litre minimum
• a waterproof jacket (and trousers, if you wish)
• sun-cream, sun hat and sunglasses / woolly hat and gloves
• money for snacks, evening meals, ice creams etc - most places WILL NOT take card, and cash machines are few and far between
• a swimming costume for wild swimming (not on winter trips)
• a Tupperware to carry packed lunches
• a book/cards etc for leisure time
• a journal or diary and pen
• phone and charger
• a camera
• a map and compass
• nuts and snacks e.g. trailmix
Maximum Size Of Group
£400. This includes all accommodation, transport, activities and 2 breakfasts. Does not include pub/cafe meals or beverages.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.