See all Events
I Am She – Women’s Peak District Pilgrimage
- Web Page
- This is a walking pilgrimage with a powerful well-being focus; to explore our identity as women through self-acceptance, independence and mutual support. Journey inside, outside, with ipse wilderness, on this celebration of female empowerment in the simplicity of nature.
Whether you are seeking to dedicate time to yourself, to escape from the pressures of ordinary life, or to find a sense of confidence in the wilderness, this facilitated 5-day journey will guide you through the beautiful valleys of the Peak District towards a deeper sense of well-being.
Walk the Peak Pilgrimage with courage, honesty and joy, to claim with confidence your identity as a woman. This deep soulful journey is an opportunity to devote time to yourself; to immerse yourself in the beauty of nature and the depths of your own heart, whilst connecting with a tribe of like-minded women.
This pilgrimage makes use of therapeutic activities, wilderness immersion processes and facilitated circle time to create a grounded connection with nature, our own nature, and that of other people.
Route: Footpaths, fields and riverside paths through the valleys of the lower Peak District.
Accommodation: Shared dorms in youth hostels, shared rooms in B&B. Single supplement available on request.
Difficulty: Stretching; walking distance 35 miles, 10-15 miles per day, undulating terrain, 3 mph.
Day 1: Meet at Eyam for supper & short acclimatisation stroll. Share transport to start point.
Day 2: Ilam to Hartington (10 miles)
Day 3: Hartington to Bakewell (15 miles)
Day 4: Bakewell to Eyam (10 miles)
Day 5: Closing celebration. Share transport back to start point for departure.
Cost: £500. This includes all accommodation, breakfasts, packed lunches and hostel supper club. Cafe lunches and pub/restaurant suppers not included.
- Additional Information
- Start Date
- End Date
- Start location
- Address Line 1
- Ilam Youth Hostel
- Address Line 2
- Ilam Hall
- DE6 2AZ
- End location
- Address Line 1
- Eyam Youth Hostel
- Address Line 2
- Hawkhill Road
- Eyam, Hope Valley S32 5QP
- North England
- Travel Advice
- Meet at Miners Arms pub, Water Lane, Eyam S32 5RG on Saturday 22nd Aug at 6pm. We will share a meal, then a short acclimatisation walk, followed by an opening ceremony before car-sharing to Ilam YHA where we stay overnight. The walk will finish at Eyam YHA and we will share lifts to collect cars left at Ilam. There is free parking available at both the start and end point..
- What To Bring
- • a day rucksack – around 20-30 litres
• walking boots – broken in and comfortable, not new
• comfortable clothes for walking, including a jumper or warm layers
• a change of clothes in case of downpour, especially spare socks
• a small first aid kit - medications, plasters, anti-histamines, pain-killers
• a set of simple evening clothes
• a pair of light sandals, slippers or flip-flops for the evenings
• a wash-kit
• a towel or sarong (or you can hire towels for £2 at most hostels)
• a re-usable water bottle – 1 litre minimum
• a waterproof jacket (and trousers, if you wish)
• sun-cream, sun hat and sunglasses
• money for snacks, evening meals, ice creams etc - most places WILL NOT take card, and cash machines are few and far between
• a swimming costume for wild swimming
• a Tupperware to carry packed lunches
• a book/cards etc for leisure time
• a journal or diary and pen
• phone and charger
• a camera
• nuts and snacks e.g. trailmix
- 35 miles
- Maximum Size Of Group
- £500, including all accommodation, breakfasts, packed lunches and hostel supper club. Cafe lunches and pub/restaurant suppers not included.