Duration: Max 3 months, full-time.
Fee: £10K per month.
The British Pilgrimage Trust is a fast growing charity that aims to promote the practice of pilgrimage in Britain. The charity’s focus is on providing a digital discovery and enablement platform, aligned with on-the-ground resources (volunteer guides, waymarking etc). The current platform has been built incrementally over a number of years and requires significant re-tooling to enable the charity to achieve its objectives.
- Web Architecture
- Search & Discover
- Top level & 2nd level Navigation
- Header & Footer
- Information architecture:
- Fronts, nav, conversions..
- Information tree
- Page layout
- Standard templates for page layout (4-5 max)
- Copy (fonts, size, general typography, length per page)
- Images (resizing, alignment with text)
- Fronts vs articles
- Parity Mobile vs Web
- Sign-in and/or Subscription
- Surface prompts for signup/sign in
- Adblocks? CTA’s?
- Backend vs FrontEnd
- CMS (upgrade for page creation, adding images etc.)
- Integrations (e.g maps)
- Maintenance plan: Resources & tech
- Community Infrastructure (for each pilgrimage route and regional)
- Agree overall objectives: what we do; what pilgrims can do; how pilgrims and donors engage with us
- Take ownership of the current platform
- Divide into essential features vs. performance features (Kano model)
- Create a roadmap to deliver the objectives
- Document new architecture and management processes
- Help define the job description for a permanent role
Previous product management, creative production experience and a passion for developing, optimising and scaling products are essential
Experience working with WordPress and other CMS
Strong analytical skills, comfortable using qualitative and quantitative data to inform product decisions
A good understanding of the digital media and advertising landscape