We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Charity Administrator to support our Director in managing core aspects of the charity’s operations, as well as occasional support with the administration of our central projects: The Old Way to Canterbury and the Way of Saints Aidan & David.
Location: Work from home.
Deadline: 4th Feb 2022
- To reconcile monthly donations via Donate Manager and send report to Director
- Manage, process and submit Gift Aid claims and support the Director in managing regular minor donors.
- Run employee payroll monthly using Quickbooks
- Adjust payroll to include any expenses claimed
- Submit FPS report to HMRC
- Ensure National Insurance contributions are correct
- Arrange monthly PAYE payments to HMRC
- To process and submit monthly NEST pension contributions
- Raise Debtor invoices via Quickbooks and submit for settlement
- Pay Creditor invoices submitted to BPT
- Reconcile payments every month
- VAT Registration of Charity (Urgent)
- Updating the annual charity’s insurance cover, and ensuring that the Trust is compliant with all relevant privacy, health and safety, and safeguarding legislation.
- Comply with The Pensions Regulator
- Assistance the Director with financial reporting.
- Submit a report to Director and Trustees for each Board meeting (4-6 meetings per year)
Remuneration and hours of work
- Remuneration – £15/hr, 4 hrs a week – billing monthly, £240/month
- Flexible working from home; 25 days holiday (pro rata) in addition to statutory bank holidays, and a defined contribution pension scheme.
- Development and training programme agreed with trustees.
Skills and qualifications
- Great attention to detail.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Able to, and enjoys, the task of problem solving and prioritising.
- Enjoys being part of a team and supporting others.
- Demonstrable organisational skills.
- Enthusiastic when faced with new challenges.
- Keen to learn new skills.
- Previous experience in the charity sector.
- Experience using Quick Books, Donate Manager and HMRC PAYE
- Good understanding of Google suite.
To apply, please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to Guy Hayward, email@example.com. Please don’t be afraid to show your enthusiasm, and to express what motivates you to support the practice of pilgrimage. We will require proof of your right to work in the UK.
Deadline for applications: 4th February 2022.
Interviews: w/c 7 February 2022.
Any benefits – Travel expenses, Stationery, Mobile phone contract contribution.